Times have changed since CareCounsel pioneered the health advocacy niche fifteen years ago. But healthcare remains as confusing as ever, as consumer-directed options multiply and Medicare grows increasingly complex. Our health advocate program is an employer-paid benefit to complement and support today's busy human resource departments. Just a toll-free phone call away, experienced health advocates are ready to provide confidential support, as your employees navigate the complex healthcare landscape.
We work in tandem with our clients’ health benefits initiatives to deliver health advocacy programs that employees, retirees and family members love to use. As employees take more responsibility for their health benefits and assume a greater share of the cost burden, healthcare advocacy provides welcomed support. With CareCounsel your people will have a personal advocate to help them navigate the changing, complex healthcare world. At the same time, your HR and Benefits staff get welcome relief from time-consuming employee healthcare and insurance questions and troubleshooting requests.
Our all-inclusive health advocate program supports consumers as they use their health benefit programs.Key benefits include:
- Personal advocates help navigate the healthcare landscape
- Saves time and money for employees and employers
- Increases satisfaction with health plans
- Offers open enrollment support for help choosing health plans and health care providers
- Protect privacy and confidentiality of health data
- Reduces grievances and appeals
- Promotes network utilization
- Resolves claim and billing errors
- Supports transition to CDH plans
- Promote under-utilized health management resources: nurse advice lines, wellness programs, health risk appraisal, disease management and EAP’s
- Provides superior health plan data.
CareCounsel's sole focus is healthcare advocacy programs.What our clients say:
Over the years many of our clients have lauded our service. Here are a few comments excerpted from national employee benefits journals:
“It’s a lot easier to deal with claims and other issues with an outside source. Plus, employees like the anonymity of a third party; they’re much more likely to call them with that kind of question as opposed to calling someone in HR.”Linda Lew, Director of Firmwide Benefits, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
“If we didn’t have access to CareCounsel, I’d cut off my right arm!”Andreas Pyper, Employee Benefits Manager, County of Santa Barbara
“It’s probably the most appreciated benefits we’ve been able to provide employees.”Lon Records, President, Target Specialty Products